Wildcat Creek Cattery LLC
Kitten Health Contract
Terms of Purchase Agreement
Kitten Health Contract
Terms of Purchase Agreement
- Total Sum must be paid in full and Kitten Contract signed prior to possession of said kitten.
- Breeder shall notify Buyer upon said kitten's readiness for possession wherein Buyer is then responsible to pick up/take possession of said kitten. Failure to pickup/take possession of said kitten results in Buyer's loss of said deposit without recourse; allowing subsequent buyer(s) the option to purchase said kitten. Any money paid more than deposit will be returned. Said kitten will have been Veterinarian checked prior to Buyer's possession and guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale. Said kitten will have first core vaccines, worming and flea medication upon Buyer's possession.
- In the event of a life altering condition that will negatively impact the kittens life in the first 2 years (from date of birth), and euthanizing is the best option for the kitten, there is no quality to life, Breeder must be informed prior to this state. There must be a reasonable amount of effort taken to treat this condition. Buyer must provide all vet records to Breeder. Lack of funds is not a reasonable excuse to euthanize.
- Should said kitten die within 2 years (from date of birth), as a direct result of a congenital defect; said kitten will be replaced as follows: a ONE time only, kitten replacement, of comparable quality and value, will be determined as available. Buyer has three litters to accept a kitten replacement after Buyer has received all the proper papers from their vet.
- Breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after possession.
- Breeder suggests not do any vaccines outside of the core vaccines. We do not vaccinate for FeLV/FIV. Vaccines are per the Buyer and their vets discretion. All vaccines carry health risk and is not a result of my cattery or genetics. Any vaccine death or injury due to vaccines or seems within a timeframe of just receiving a vaccine will not be covered as it is not congenital.
- Breeder recommends that Buyer take the kitten to a registered and licensed Veterinarian within the first 72 hours for your own satisfaction and protection. Said kitten is found to have a medical problem (within the 72-hour period only), it must be reported to the Breeder within 24 hours of its discovery. Failure to make this report within 24 hours of its discovery will void the 72 hour guarantee. Buyer must provide a written statement deeming said kitten “unfit for purchase”; If Breeder's vet says "unfit for purchase" Buyer may request for another kitten of equal value, provided said kitten has been quarantined away from other animals, not been injured or neglected. Buyer must return kitten right away. Breeder is not liable for hidden defects, future health issues and shortcomings which cannot be determined after the 72 hour warranty.
- Buyer agrees to keep kitten indoors unless on a leash or safe catio.
- Buyer agrees to keep kitten in sanitary conditions with food, water, toys and companionship.
- Breeder does not guarantee full grown size of the kitten. Buyer may be given an educated guess as to full grown weight, understanding there are too many variables besides genetics for absolutes. Buyer agrees to not declaw said kitten.
- In the event said kitten is diagnosed with a medical problem that can be cured, a replacement kitten will not be offered.
- Breeder will not honor any health guarantee if the kitten dies of a virus from contact with another animal after it leaves the Breeder's cattery. I suggest keeping the kitten quarantined from other animals for 7 to 10 days.
- If Buyer does not give said kitten adequate care, Breeder will not replace said kitten. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide immediate veterinary care at the Buyer's expense. If kitten shows signs of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void.
- Buyer agrees to provide said kitten with annual ongoing veterinary examinations and other veterinary care as needed.
- This guarantee does not include said kitten having minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, ringworm, internal or external parasites. We can't guarantee our kittens against illness or opportunistic parasites brought on by stress such as moving (from our house to yours.) However, Breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to the sale.
- Buyer agrees to forfeit all monies paid for said kitten and Breeder has the right to retrieve said kitten if abused or neglected.
- Buyer must have blood work performed prior to any surgery, if not this contract is null and void.
- Females spayed by 6 months old. Females are very prone to Pyometra. Failure to spay your female and complications of Pyometra will not be covered in this contract.
- Males neutered by 9 months old to prevent spraying.
- Breeder recommends to not use Ketamine and Ketamine cocktails for anesthesia which is linked to organ failure in cats and even death at the time of surgery, Buyer recommends finding a vet that uses GAS ONLY for Spay/Neuter, dental work, or any surgery. The SELLER will not cover death during any surgery or organ injury during a surgery or side effects as a result. Some vets are reluctant to admit the link between heart failure, organ damage, and death as a result of ketamine or a ketamine cocktail of any injectable anesthesia with cats. However, there are vets who are aware that some cats have a reaction and will only use gas for cats (safe gasses for cats are sevoflurane or isoflurane). You are your cat's advocate, please keep them safe and be their voice.
- Breeder is not liable for any complications of any surgeries as there is always a risk of using anesthesia.
- All sales are final, without refund. Which includes deposit and delivery fees.
- Buyer agrees to not breed said kitten without breeding rights. Contract will be forfeited and you will owe Breeder $5000.
- This said kitten is to live in the home that signs this contract. Contract is not transferable. Do not ever abandon or take said kitten to a shelter. If at any time during its life, said kitten/cat needs to be re-homed; Breeder will work to find said kitten/cat the appropriate home.
- Buyer agrees to authorize permission for their veterinarian(s) to disclose any and all veterinary information pertaining to said Kitten. Breeder can ask which clinic(s), and send the veterinarian(s) a copy of this Contract to gain access, if need be.
- Buyer and Breeder agree all information shall be considered confidential. Any negative information about Wildcat Creek Cattery LLC or its owners is transmitted, disclosed, or distributed, Buyer may be held liable for any damages. Including but not limited to, compensatory and punitive, and any legal fees the Breeder may incur. Any legal action which may arise (under the terms of this Purchase Agreement) will be governed in Howard County, in the state of Indiana. Buyer will be liable for all court costs and related charges including but not limited to attorney's fees associated with Breeder enforcing the terms of this Purchase Agreement.
- If kitten is not picked up on the day and time agreed upon, there is a $25 boarding fee per day, up to one week. Boarding fees must be paid prior to letting the kitten leave. If kitten is still not picked up, any monies Buyer has paid is forfeited and loss of said kitten.
- Each kitten is unique and wonderful but also a huge responsibility. Therefore, Breeder offers support and assistance on behalf of every kitten purchased; for the entire life of said kitten/ cat. Although there are no plans present to discontinue Wildcat Creek Cattery, the above health warranties are only valid as long as the Breeder is breeding Maine Coons. All other portions of the Contract will remain valid.